• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Repashy Meat Pie

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I bought a bag of Repashy Meat Pie at the last Repticon and decided to make a batch last night. It mixes well when directions are followed. I thought it would be more gelatinous, but is a firm meal sort of jello. I like the idea of having a nutritionally sound product available when I do not have insects on hand or for a variety.

Who ate it today: alligator, White's tree frogs, true Pyxie frog, dwarf Pyxie politely declined, green ameiva, beardies, scheltopusik, baby box turtles declined as well. :)

I do wondered about the effects of boiling water or microwaving and denaturing or breaking down certain components of the mix.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bosco will eat it sometimes but does not seem to enjoy it. I was given a 4oz bag as a sample. I do keep it on hand in case there is an emergency.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
laurarfl said:
I bought a bag of Repashy Meat Pie at the last Repticon and decided to make a batch last night. It mixes well when directions are followed. I thought it would be more gelatinous, but is a firm meal sort of jello. I like the idea of having a nutritionally sound product available when I do not have insects on hand or for a variety.

Who ate it today: alligator, White's tree frogs, true Pyxie frog, dwarf Pyxie politely declined, green ameiva, beardies, scheltopusik, baby box turtles declined as well. :)

I do wondered about the effects of boiling water or microwaving and denaturing or breaking down certain components of the mix.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/meat-pie/
Mmmm, meat pie.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
OK, that meat pie looks pretty good!

As for the Repashy...I don't know if it will be cost effective for the tegus, but wanted it for my frogs and skinks as supplement. And I thought about it for the little gator then found some small Mazuri croc pellets. They switched over to a gel diet, too. If you find small pellets around here they are usually in a 25lb pound and I only have a bitty gator who doesn't even eat pellets every day!

Skeetzy

Please make a thread for the gator! I would love a dwarf caiman, or American gator, but in RI there isn't enough room where I am.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Laura there is a guy who sells the Mazuri croc diet in gallon size ziplock bags. I have bought from him a few times for the caiman lizards as they are also not that big and its only part of the diet.

http://www.varanusinc.com/varanus_inc_005.htm

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks, Chelvis, that is good to know. I used to have a supplier around here but they had some issues. Then I was at repticon and the rodent dealer had some. It is always good to know who to buy from!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tildaworkneh