• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptiles you plan on getting

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The other BP,.. Blood Pythons. I was in the market for one and went to a store to check out one they just got in but got my first Tegu instead. That was years ago and I still haven't changed my mind about getting one,... it's coming, I can feel it,.. just haven't found the right one. Or one that actually catches my eye in a decent price range.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Can't believe i missed this thread.

We'll i plan to get two more of everything i already have listed in my sig if my plans go we'll.

I know for sure i want to work with ackie monitors,caiman lizards and blood pythons as we'll. My bud and i are still working out the details.

turtlepunk

someday in the distant future, I hope to own an albino granite burmese. I ADORE huge snakes and have been doing loads of reading into them. =) just need to find a local rabbit breeder.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I'd love to get a ridge-tail monitor and when I get my first "big" snake, I want a blood python. Wouldn't mind another beardie or a blue tongue skink, either.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I wouldn't consider a ball a "big snake", they stay fairly small, they average around 3-4 (5ft with soem females) and are really not all that heavily bodied like bloods.

Bloods i would say are medium sized.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, I wouldn't consider a ball python a "big constrictor" either but they are totally awesome! I love my ball to death (stop sniggering, I know you are :p). lol

roastedspleen

but still they arent like the other small snakes. i personally think colubrids are kind of ugly (they remind me of the anorexic girls in my P.E class)

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
lol, that was a personal one. I like colubrids, you just haven't seen the right morph yet.

Story is all the blues you see now are all from 6 blue tegu's that we're imported.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
roastedspleen said:
but still they arent like the other small snakes. i personally think colubrids are kind of ugly (they remind me of the anorexic girls in my P.E class)

Lmao! I grew up with a kingsnake as a boy so I have a soft spot in my heart for them. To each his own; the less colubrids you get the more I can get so it all works out. :)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
kellen.watkins said:
I want a full blue tegu, I know of all the inbreeding but blues are just so awesome, maybe next year I will get one

I think they're neat. I know there are always chances of weird genetic issues but there have been a decent amount of clutches produced since the handful of them had came in. Even if they all originally came from the same clutch, siblings were bred, then cousins, second cousins, third, etc.

http://thetegu.com/showthread.php?4775-Blue-Tegu
http://thetegu.com/showthread.php?4391-Blue-Tegu-Research

I know blues and inbreeding is kind of a hot topic but its interesting to read about if you can see around the personal attacks.

mars

Purchasing a hypo translucent leatherback bearded dragon this month was gunna get a black and white argentine tegu from Bobby but gots to wait till next year :/ my last and not least pet is going to be a sulfur water water monitor I'm constructing a whole room just for the guy and one in the back yard the cost is high but will be well worth it ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029