• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

reptisun 10.0

teguboy77

5 Year Member
They say you should replace them after 6 months,because they start decaying in time and lose uvb mw,thats why its a good thing to get a solar meter to check your uvb bulbs just my opinion.

adam1120

haha damn your right lol you got me there teguboy lol you got a megaray? hows that goin i wanted to order one but heard alot of bad stuff with there custmer service and even heard of some poeple nnever gettin there lights?"

jerobi2k

when it comes to bulbs myself I always buy local Im sure Im paying 10$ more per MVB but its just a piece of mind on my end, I dont like dealing with shipping and customer serive if I can avoid it.

adam1120

what kind do you use? yea thats what im sayin dont wanna spend money and then get it not to work then gotta return it and wait another 3 week when i can buy one at the store for ten more what mvb do you use? ive only trusted reptisun10.0 ever

jerobi2k

yeah I mean if you are home durring work hours and are getting a few bulbs, I mean you will save yourself roughly 30$ so it is worth it... but I just dont have patience for packages. I use a exo terra MVB its called like Solar Glo, we have a ton of pet shops where I am in S.FL but I cant seem to find many MVBs so I havent really had a choice. I stick a piece of Duct tape on the side of my enclosure with the date on it and I replace every 6 months. I do test all 3 of my bulbs with a UV meter. its worth it.

Maro1

adam1120 said:
haha damn your right lol you got me there teguboy lol you got a megaray? hows that goin i wanted to order one but heard alot of bad stuff with there custmer service and even heard of some poeple nnever gettin there lights?"

My Problems with Mega ray seem to be taken care of. Got my bulb order another and received all of them. Call about one being bad and was sent another immediately.

adam1120

yea i was gunna use that but aint it like 50 dollar the mega ray is 56 shipped and it last 1 year compared to 6 months correct me if im wrong new to mvb and na most of the time i tell them to hold it at my p.o box and i get it when im ready if im reaceiving something:D

teguboy77

5 Year Member
You know i could go local and pay 40 bucks foe a solar glo which i was useing until i used my solar meter on a brand new 160 watt and saw at 12'' it was putting out 113mw so in a month or two with decay it would be putting out who knows,so ill stick with a megaray which at 12 was putting out 480 mw,but if solar glo works for you then great,megaray works for me as my solar meter showed.
teguboy77 said:
You know i could go local and pay 40 bucks foe a solar glo which i was useing until i used my solar meter on a brand new 160 watt and saw at 12'' it was putting out 113mw so in a month or two with decay it would be putting out who knows,so ill stick with a megaray which at 12 was putting out 480 mw,but if solar glo works for you then great,megaray works for me as my solar meter showed.

These solarmetes are great,here a picture with a megaray 100watt at 12''.

jerobi2k

adam1120 said:
yea i was gunna use that but aint it like 50 dollar the mega ray is 56 shipped and it last 1 year compared to 6 months correct me if im wrong new to mvb and na most of the time i tell them to hold it at my p.o box and i get it when im ready if im reaceiving something:D

yeah you are right, but like I said I just buy local with bulbs so I have no choice. I def. would buy a 1year bulb, I think I pay 40$ for the 6 month.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
The warranty on the SB Mega-Ray® is 6 months but you will get great UVB form the bulb for at least a year or more. If you do not have a meter to test the bulb, we recommend replacing after a year. Also you dont need really high uvb between
50-250 uW/cm2 mimics the natural environment enough to keep your UV-dependent BASKING reptiles healthy, depending on the species, according to the latest research.

jerobi2k

my bulb sits closer then 12inches from basking spot and maybe 12 inches from the ground Ive never had that low of a mw reading yet. but like I said if I could find a 1year bulb I def. go that route.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
So what reading are you getting at 12'' with your solar meter?See if you buy a bulb thats putting out a lower uvb say and in time they all decay,but the bulb will have very low uvb output before six months.As i did with my brand new solar glo,maybe it was a messed up brand new bulb idk lol.

jerobi2k

on the enclosure for my smaller gU in my room I have a 125watt putting out 115 at roughly 12 inches and around 8 about 260. in the larger enclosure I have a 160watt. I am sure the numbers on your 1year bulb are better but like I said I havent gotten into ordering bulbs yet and these seem to work good and are at the store where I get all my misc. pet goods. it seems like most of the uvb items around here are exo terra before that I was only using the Repti Glo 10.0 uvb

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I think at 8'' i was getting 242mw which is ok,but i us my megaray 160watt at 19 or 20'' and im getting 170mw and my temps with a basking light along side of it i get 105f.But again if you have a solar meter you'll be able to test your bulbs anyway to make sure there putting out good uvb.

jerobi2k

where are you getting the mega ray bulbs? Im looking online and I just only see a few things about them? yeah, Ive never really had UVB issues but I like to try new things, the MVB seems pretty sweet.

adam1120

reptile uv.com i think thats the site not sure idk what i would need for a 8x3x4.. im use the rept sun 10.0 on my 40 breeder untill he grow to the bigger cage

teguboy77

5 Year Member
www.reptileuv.com theres were i get my bulbs at hope it helps.Mercury vapor bulb is the best in my opinion.And especially if you keep your lizard inside like i do,then i give him the best uvb bulb i can.Yours prolly gets alot of sun outside to though?

jerobi2k

thanks guys Imma check it out, we are outside all the time. I have a large screen room here, and my big one comes to work with me some days! maybe ill order the bulbs to my moms house and make her wait on the package. :D once you buy yourself a soar meter you cant help but want the best...lol.
jerobi2k said:
thanks guys Imma check it out, we are outside all the time. I have a large screen room here, and my big one comes to work with me some days! maybe ill order the bulbs to my moms house and make her wait on the package. :D once you buy yourself a soar meter you cant help but want the best...lol.

solar*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu