• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

reptisun 10.0

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you can you should try to get them some natural sun too! I use a dog kennel (not the plastic closed in ones) when I take mine out. I have harnesses for them but one is too big and the other is now too small. Even if its only like 10 minutes its still a lot better than any UVB bulb.
I use solar glo's right now but I'm thinking about getting a mega ray in a couple months when they need to be replaced.

Teguboy how much are the things that measure uvb? I feel silly asking, but do you think its worth saving for one? I feel like its a dumb question... :(

jerobi2k

Rhet I got mine for 150ish, I love having it, I got it around xmas time. Ive gone years playing guessing games with old bulbs, I mean if you only have a bulb or 2 and replace them when you should it isnt mandatory, but Id say if you have a few bulbs and a few extra dollars its a pretty awsome tool. I am always checking the distances to see exactly what Im still getting from my bulb. I can only imagine how many good bulbs Ive kept around to long or tossed to soon as a kid.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oops sorry, I didn't include your name. Thanks, I only have 2 of the MVBs at the time. I might look into getting one. Are there brands that are better than others? I wouldn't know where to start with them.

jerobi2k

lol, you didnt have to include me I just read your post and wanted to share :p yeah its seems there are some pretty good ones if you go to the link Teguboy and adam were posting. I use ones that I get local since I havent ordered bulbs before. mine last 6 months but it seems that there are some available for the same price that last a year.. so Id say that might be the better choice. ;)
jerobi2k said:
lol, you didnt have to include me I just read your post and wanted to share :p yeah its seems there are some pretty good ones if you go to the link Teguboy and adam were posting. I use ones that I get local since I havent ordered bulbs before. mine last 6 months but it seems that there are some available for the same price that last a year.. so Id say that might be the better choice. ;)

as far as the solar meter goes I got mine from a local pet shop, I see them online. for about the same price, I have no clue how many are available.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
rhetoricx said:
If you can you should try to get them some natural sun too! I use a dog kennel (not the plastic closed in ones) when I take mine out. I have harnesses for them but one is too big and the other is now too small. Even if its only like 10 minutes its still a lot better than any UVB bulb.
I use solar glo's right now but I'm thinking about getting a mega ray in a couple months when they need to be replaced.

Teguboy how much are the things that measure uvb? I feel silly asking, but do you think its worth saving for one? I feel like its a dumb question... :(

I got mine off amazon for 160.00 plus like 8 or 9 dollars shipping.Yes anyone whos spending good money on any uvb bulb should,i mean if the bulbs not bad before 6 months and puts out over 50mw between 12'' to
18'' then you could get a couple more months out of a bulb.I got one cause of the bulbs plus i have to have good uvb i keep my rhino inside along with good diet.If you can keep your lizard out in the sun that is the best source of uvb to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu