• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

rescue hybrid

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Found this girl on for sale on a local reptile fb group, listed an a "golden tegu male" After speaking with her owner for over an hour trying to convince her, that it is not a golden tegu but an argentine red, I even sent her cross reference photos, articles, sent her to both tegu forums, explained how to feel for "buttons" the whole sha-bang, she was DEAD set that she was right and I was wrong and that it was "golden" and a male... Only after SEVERAL people told her the exact same thing that I had did she apologize and realize I was right. I also learned the she adopted the tegu from a local "rescue" (non-registered "flipper" type of rescue) who was the one that gave her all this info... I then spoke to the "Rescue" because I wanted more background on the tegu and indeed the lady that runs this "rescue" straight up argued with me as well.... pretty sad that a "rescue" can't bother to research an animal that they take in to at least properly identify it.
The tegu looks to be in amazing health, especially for being kept in a 4x2 and only had a basking temp of 85.
Needless to say, after the whole ordeal, I couldn't just let her fall into the wrong hands AGAIN so shes mine! (From comparing dates of photos I'd guess shes about 2-3yrs old, and has already been through 3 homes that I know) I was able to talk the owner into doing a trade of a few home depot items I had laying around....

Now question for you all, to me she looks very much like a redxblue hybrid, what do you all think????

5Le5Ib5Ne3n33L73Mdc8reac497ee76e5186b.jpg

480815_398193470235617_526793722_n.jpg

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
SnakeCharmr728 said:
Found this girl on for sale on a local reptile fb group, listed an a "golden tegu male" After speaking with her owner for over an hour trying to convince her, that it is not a golden tegu but an argentine red, I even sent her cross reference photos, articles, sent her to both tegu forums, explained how to feel for "buttons" the whole sha-bang, she was DEAD set that she was right and I was wrong and that it was "golden" and a male... Only after SEVERAL people told her the exact same thing that I had did she apologize and realize I was right. I also learned the she adopted the tegu from a local "rescue" (non-registered "flipper" type of rescue) who was the one that gave her all this info... I then spoke to the "Rescue" because I wanted more background on the tegu and indeed the lady that runs this "rescue" straight up argued with me as well.... pretty sad that a "rescue" can't bother to research an animal that they take in to at least properly identify it.
The tegu looks to be in amazing health, especially for being kept in a 4x2 and only had a basking temp of 85.
Needless to say, after the whole ordeal, I couldn't just let her fall into the wrong hands AGAIN so shes mine! (From comparing dates of photos I'd guess shes about 2-3yrs old, and has already been through 3 homes that I know) I was able to talk the owner into doing a trade of a few home depot items I had laying around....

Now question for you all, to me she looks very much like a redxblue hybrid, what do you all think????

5Le5Ib5Ne3n33L73Mdc8reac497ee76e5186b.jpg

480815_398193470235617_526793722_n.jpg

hey can i get the rescue centers info

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Sorry but Im not going to be giving out the rescue's info because I dont want any flaming going on besides shes not a registered rescue so the info is her personal info and its not my place to give that out over the internet.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's hard to tell on my phone but she looks like she could be a hybrid. Can you get a better head pic? Most blue hybrids I've seen have some tear drop markings, that's usually a good indicator. Congrats on the tegu!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980