• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rescues ?

Lavin45

So I found out the tegu I bought is a wild caught for sure, and boy does she show it. She goes though fits of being sweet and then being totally CRAZY. I really wanted a domesticated tegu which is what the dude told me she was at first idk why I listened since she was completely miss treated anyways, which is the main reason I took her from him. So she didn't die. But now I'm
Getting nervous, she's manageable for now, I have experience working with aggressive reptiles however when she is full grown I don't think I will be able to handle her if she doesn't calm down. So I'm trying to locate a a good rescue that would be willing to rehabilitate her or something if it comes down to that.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So I found out the tegu I bought is a wild caught for sure, and boy does she show it. She goes though fits of being sweet and then being totally CRAZY. I really wanted a domesticated tegu which is what the dude told me she was at first idk why I listened since she was completely miss treated anyways, which is the main reason I took her from him. So she didn't die. But now I'm
Getting nervous, she's manageable for now, I have experience working with aggressive reptiles however when she is full grown I don't think I will be able to handle her if she doesn't calm down. So I'm trying to locate a a good rescue that would be willing to rehabilitate her or something if it comes down to that.
I would attribute her behavior to previous mistreatment. No tegu is domesticated. they either arrive straight from the wild or are produced in captivity.

My three were FL WCs as near adults. for the first week, lifting them could result in an attempted bite. Over the next week or two, that faded away.

For a first time keeper, a rescue is potentially a lot to take on because its past is poorly known if at all.

DreamsOfTegus

She may tame down.

If you need to send her to rescue look for one local to you. I work with one here who takes them (and pretty much anything else), but I'm sure we are far far from you.

beardeddragon111

I agree with walt you should check out the videos from tegus only and you'll see that wild caught can be just as tame as cb. Please try your best to tame him down before going for a rescue, finding a good home for reptiles can be hard, especially for one as big as a tegu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu