• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reviews Wanted

isdrake

5 Year Member
If I had know that your Tegu had access to an outdoor deck then I wouldn't had made that comment in the first place. So next time I recommend you writing those things because that's pretty significant information. :)

I will take a look at that thread. I tried to make one myself a little while ago but not many answered.

The minimum legal size for a 76-100 cm long (2.5-3.2 feet) lizard (that lives on the ground) is 2,5 mÃ?â??Ã?². That's about 8.2x3.3 feet.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The "shelf" in the diagram won't be a true raised shelf. It will sit right on top of the mulch. This way the area under the shelf will feel more like a mulch filled hide box...

It will be hinged at the side wall allowing the shelf to be lifted for cleaning beneath it...

The shelk will also serve as a feeding area to help prevent much grom getting mixed in the ground Turkey. I know that it is commonly siggested not to feed in the cage and I thought this decision through...

Lastly, there will be heat tape attached to the bottom side of the shelf helping the surface on the shelf to heat up makign it a better basking area.

Once I have the thing put together I will then decide if I want to add a raised shelf on the back wall in conjunction with the UVB light. I would not put a ramp up to it. Although Tegus do not climb around in trees in the wild, they are quite capable of pulling themselves up onto a raised platform.

rmzsuzuki89

Toby_H said:
The "shelf" in the diagram won't be a true raised shelf. It will sit right on top of the mulch. This way the area under the shelf will feel more like a mulch filled hide box...

It will be hinged at the side wall allowing the shelf to be lifted for cleaning beneath it...

The shelk will also serve as a feeding area to help prevent much grom getting mixed in the ground Turkey. I know that it is commonly siggested not to feed in the cage and I thought this decision through...

Lastly, there will be heat tape attached to the bottom side of the shelf helping the surface on the shelf to heat up makign it a better basking area.

Once I have the thing put together I will then decide if I want to add a raised shelf on the back wall in conjunction with the UVB light. I would not put a ramp up to it. Although Tegus do not climb around in trees in the wild, they are quite capable of pulling themselves up onto a raised platform.

Ah I see, good idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus