• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rhino iguana with weird behavior.

dabears51

I have noticed lately that Krone has started scratching the glass doors wanting to get out. About an hour ago I slid open the glass door just to see what he would do. He climbed out of his enclosure and started walking around my livingroom, curious as usual. What struck me as odd is he started to drag and rub his chest and shoulders on my carpet. He looked kinda funny doing it. At first I thought his claws got stuck on the carpet but he kept doing it. He'll walk normal for a bit then drag his shoulders/chest again. Sometimes back and forth, sometimes just forward.

Is this like a territorial thing? Maybe rubbing his scent on my rug? Or maybe he's trying to scratch an itch? lol.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
dabears51 said:
I have noticed lately that Krone has started scratching the glass doors wanting to get out. About an hour ago I slid open the glass door just to see what he would do. He climbed out of his enclosure and started walking around my livingroom, curious as usual. What struck me as odd is he started to drag and rub his chest and shoulders on my carpet. He looked kinda funny doing it. At first I thought his claws got stuck on the carpet but he kept doing it. He'll walk normal for a bit then drag his shoulders/chest again. Sometimes back and forth, sometimes just forward.

Is this like a territorial thing? Maybe rubbing his scent on my rug? Or maybe he's trying to scratch an itch? lol.

Normal all rhino' s i've owned done it, my russets now does it i think they scratch themselves on the carpet.If they were marking there territorial they would drag their thighs (and
the ... femoral pore plugs on the rug to mark there territoritory.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Normal all rhino' s i've owned done it, my russets now does it i think they scratch themselves on the carpet.If they were marking there territorial they would drag their thighs (and
the femoral pore plugs on the rug to mark there territoritory.

dabears51

Thanks for the replies. I guess I jumped the gun. I let him roam the livingroom for a while this morning and of course he did it again. 10 minutes later I noticed his chest and neck was full of loose shed! Smart little fella! I wish I could have taken a small video of it. Next time...

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Mine rubs on the closet doors,and rug smart animals lol.Mine is a chicken wont go to far when free roaming.I'll tell ya the russets color on these guys is awsome,the orange on my guys head is awsome looking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980