• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rhino owners info thread

RobK.

Member
Messages
726
who are ya ??

I own one ! :heart:

how old , how tame , how long did it take to tame it , and what advice for a new owner ?

Thanks for any info !!

On a sad note , as you know i bought a baby rhino a month ago and he was doing very well . One morning i found him wedged between his basking Rock and the back wall of his cage , DEAD . No clue how or why he did that !!! I could not sleep that night and just stared and just thought how cute and tame and beautiful he was . I had avoided saying anything because i was so heart broken and that's why i removed my video's and pictures of him . :s But i replaced the rock and bought another baby Rhino from Tom Crutchfield , Its one of Fred and Wilma's babies . This one is a wild crazy and nutty one compared to my last one . So I am starting over and this one s' going to need a hole different approach , that's for sure . I have had him only one day but can tell he's the typical Rhino baby . Let the work begin , AGAIN !!!!

RobK.

What's crazy is Tom Crutchfileds Rhino ,( Wilma ) died the same way after laying the clutch that my new rhino came from . :huh:
 

james.w

Active Member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Messages
4,337
Man sorry to hear. You did a good job with him. Sounds like your new guy is just like mine, crazy as can be.
 

RobK.

Member
Messages
726
james.w said:
Man sorry to hear. You did a good job with him. Sounds like your new guy is just like mine, crazy as can be.


Yep he is , any pointers ??? I think this one is a typical Rhino baby from what i have read .

Here he is talking a restola on the NEW rock , its bigger heavier and sets flush to the wall. I gave it a hide box but he just wants to stay there , so i cranked up the heater in the room to make sure the rock does not get too cold , as he's going to sleep there tonight with the light off , i don't want to stress him/her. He sure didn't eat much since i hot him either . I did peak through the cracked idoor and saw him eat the dandelions leafs and flowers i put on the rock, and a little banana . But not much .

IMG_4969.jpg



Do you think i should give him a bath in the morning or not ? i don't want to stress him .
 

james.w

Active Member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Messages
4,337
I would let him settle in for a week or two, only bothering him for spot cleaning, feeding and water changes. After that time you can start bathing and trying to tame. I don't have any pointers on taming, I have to sneak up on mine to get him out to bathe.
 

RobK.

Member
Messages
726
james.w said:
I would let him settle in for a week or two, only bothering him for spot cleaning, feeding and water changes. After that time you can start bathing and trying to tame. I don't have any pointers on taming, I have to sneak up on mine to get him out to bathe.

I think your right !!
 

reptastic

Moderator
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Messages
2,798
Sorry to hear about your ig, my rhino iguana was also from fred and wilma he was a 09 hatchling, they made some awesome babies
 

hangtown530

Member
Messages
77
I am so sorry to hear about what happened. He/She is a beautiful rhino iguana. I think I have seen that one or one from the same clutch on kingsnake.com just recently for $295 shipped. Sound like there are quite a few of us on here now that need to help each other with raising our rhinos :)

Again I am sry, I was wondering what happened when I went to find your videos on youtube again. :(
 

RobK.

Member
Messages
726
hangtown530 said:
I am so sorry to hear about what happened. He/She is a beautiful rhino iguana. I think I have seen that one or one from the same clutch on kingsnake.com just recently for $295 shipped. Sound like there are quite a few of us on here now that need to help each other with raising our rhinos :)

Again I am sry, I was wondering what happened when I went to find your videos on youtube again. :(


yep really sucked , that was a mellow Rhino baby too !!
My two rhinos have cost me over 525 bucks .OUCH . and thats not including the cage .it was a bunch too . see why i am a little stressed about this one doing well . Crap i only paid 300 for my lab and he's a great hunting dog . :huh: He's one of my best friends !! LOL

jake_1-1.jpg


Jakepose_MG_4352.jpg


http://www.youtube.com/user/rgkempton#p/u
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
20,100
Messages
177,813
Members
10,327
Latest member
tmelanc602
Top