• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

rosy boas

frost

1,000+ Post Club
hi, i have been thinking of getting a rosy boa again. i had one for around 4 years and she unsuspectingly died one day and i still havent been able to figure out why. but im gonna try to raise one again she was one of my favorite snakes iv owned. when my dad bought it for me he said there was a few different variations of the species. he had one that grew to 6 feet or so i think. he used to take it out and set it on a branch and it would eat birds passing bye. anywho im thinking of getting that kind. the one i had was all gold. he said there was an eastern kind and western and a few other kinds. im hopping to track down the kinda my dad has and get one. haha sry for the long story.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Six feet? Rosies don't get that big, nor do they have the anatomy to grab a bird out of teh air from an arboreal perch. You sure it wasn't a small python, or a boa constrictor? There are many varieties of boa, they get six feet and larger, and can grab birds as you described. Rosies do have a great deal of natural color variation, and there's about a half dozen subspecies. However, form the way you tell the story, and I'm willing to admit I may be misinterpreting, it sounds like he may also be talking about kingsnakes. Anyways, rosies are great snakes, really docile and pretty.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
haha i dont think it was quite that big. well that was what my dad told me he might has stretched the truth. but i am sure it was a rosy boa. and i think he got it from california also. haha yeah when my rosy was still alive i loved her. still sucks that she died=/

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I didn't mean to sound insulting. I was just a bit confused and I even said I might be misinterpreting. I hope you find another rosy as great as your old one. :) I used to have one, but he had some weird health problems I couldn't fix.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
haha i know you didnt.thanks i havent seen many that looked like mine tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029