• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Saharan Eggs.

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
My female dropped 15 eegs today. Some of them don't look to good but i have never seen Uro eggs before and according to a creditable source, fertile Uro eggs will have a red circle or ring on them which a couple of them did so im crossing my fingers.

100_1517_edited.jpg

100_1518_edited.jpg

100_1520_edited.jpg

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
She was trying to bury them as i was picking them out and in Uros, you don't have to worry so much about turning the eggs. Actually one very successful breeder/keeper of every Uro there is says to turn them on their side where the embryo or red circle is on top. he stats that this is what he does but it is not known whether or not it helps but he still gets hatchlings from this practice so he does it with every clutch.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very cool! You haven't had them that long either right? So the female came in gravid?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
CoexistExotics said:
I want my uros to breed so bad, but I am afraid to brumate them and lose them in the process. Good luck with your eggs :)

I don't know much about Uro's but do they tend to die when brumated?

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
There is a rather high fatality rate with Uros on Burmation. Yeah, either the guy that owned them before me had these two together and they did their thing in his possesion or, she was impregnated by an unknown male in the wild. Either way im looking at 4-5 eggs with a 95% chance to hatch and 9-10 with a 50% chance to hatch. With these odds i should get atleast 2 and they will either be all red or mixed yellow/red phase depending on what phase male mated with her.

They have been cooking sense she laid them so in 55-65 days we shall see the outcome and man o man am i excited. Not many people get so see Saharan eggs hatch in captivity and i will be one of the lucky ones hopfully!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me