• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Scales and scabs?

Zcal93

Hey guys just checking in about my not so little spaghetti monster. I have a question he just came off a shed and on his head it looks as if there is a scab and almost as some of the scales are turning black. It doesnt exactly look like new pattern to me but Maybe Im wrong. The shed is Maybe only 3 4 days off and I see this on his head and a tiny scab on his back. I'm honestly going to make an appointment because he's almost a 6 to 8 months old but some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Zoom in on the head and you'll see what I'm talking about. Thank you for looking at the post.

Attachments

• 20180224_100044.jpg
    20180224_100044.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 120

Gary

There seems to be a good-sized scar behind the scale you’re asking about. Is there a light in or on the cage that he could touch his head to (even when jumping)? When reptiles suffer burns it can damage the flesh below the scales and cause them to fall off and the underlying skin to scar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me