• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Scary @$$ moment!

whiteheadnathan

5 Year Member
So i think i just had one of the most terifying moments of my life hahah, and im in the firefighting field. So I finally get to hold my tegu after waiting about a week for him to get used to his enclosure. Everything is going great, i calmed him down hes just chilling... life is good. Later that day my girlfriend comes over and says "let me hold the baby". So i go in hes being all chill and whatever, and i bring him out to hand him to my girlfriend. All of a sudden Diego goes super man and leaps! He then trys to scurry across the hardwood floors while tail whipping me 3 or 4 times on the way. He ends up getting underneath my radiator. So im trying to get him out from under the radiator because it joins into a false wall that is 20 feet long which i cannot get into. So im flushing him out and hes whipping me and i finally get him out and he books it into the back of my old fridge that is unplugged and sitting in my room. so now i have to unscrew the back of my fridge and fish him out of there. Now that i get him out of here he books it across the floor towards my door. So he makes it out of this room and decides to run into the bathroom. So i get into the bathroom... my girlfriends screaming, my tegus attacking everything and anything that goes near him. I decided to close the door get away from one of the distractions and take care of the other one hah. So i lay down on the ground and the tegu freezes in his steps. He opens his mouth and lunges at me. I just sat there and let him walk around and relax. Eventually, the little jerk came over to me, let me pick him up and just relaxed in my hand. Then i brought him back to his enclosure and did not want to come off my hand

All in all... it turned into a bonding moment between man and tegu!

Thought id share this crazy moment with you all! :bud

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Yeah mines cool with me, but as soon as i bring more than one preson in the room he freaks out if hes not in his cage. Hes just not used to being more than just me here, I think they can smell the other people to and know that its not a smell that is normal and could mean danger.

And yeah Ive had my scary moments like that to when he was little and could fit EVERYWHERE. Thank god now hes to fat it hide anywhere.

LouDog760

5 Year Member
That's funny I hear story's about this all time time. Its happen to my friend a few times to, seems common in young tegus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029