• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Scorpions and tegu

Brooke Blehm

What effect do scorpions have on tegu? Will it hurt them if they are stung or eat one? There alot of scorpions where I live both inside and outside the house and want to know if that will be a danger to my tegu when I get her in June. Thank you in advance.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I do not know. Good that you ask. Some scorpions are more venomous than others. At least two species that I know of from Argentina are not a problem for humans. Many in the US are.

Brooke Blehm

I do not know. Good that you ask. Some scorpions are more venomous than others. At least two species that I know of from Argentina are not a problem for humans. Many in the US are.

I know that we have bark scorpions here along with other types. I believe the one that got me was a bark scorpion, it left my hand numb for a week. I'm in Arizona if that helps

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, scorpions will be active while your tegu is asleep at night. If outdoor enclosure is relatively barren or fitted with aluminum wall, scorpions are less likely to get in where he might root them out.

Brooke Blehm

Well, scorpions will be active while your tegu is asleep at night. If outdoor enclosure is relatively barren or fitted with aluminum wall, scorpions are less likely to get in where he might root them out.

I actually plan to house her in my bedroom not outside but they'e in the house too. I've found them in my shower, pantry, garage, bathroom, etc.

Brooke Blehm

It' already starting here. Not my pictures.
FB_IMG_1522386867740.jpg
FB_IMG_1522386871154.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980