• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sealer

Taydeon

5 Year Member
what kind of sealer did you guys use when you built your wooden cage and where did u get it from?

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
I used white paintable caulk from Lowes, the same stuff you use in bathrooms and the paint covers it up nice, ive had it on there since January and no problems so far at all. I think the Brand was DAP in a red and white tube. And I used Olympic Premium Interior Latex Semi-Gloss and just put it on really thick and then did 2-4 coats on it and theres alot of fumes that come off the paint the first few days and then I even let the basking lamp run inside it for about 3 days to let the paint fully fully dry on the inside and alot more fumes came out of it and after the third day it was just fine inside it and then I put the tegu in it and he did great. I didnt use the exterior because it said on it do not use indoors and in only a well ventilated area etc so i thought it would like kill me if it was in my living room cureing and relaesing proly double the fumes the interior paint did. So yeah...

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
i wanted to seal wood in my crested viv i was wondering if polyurethane would work since im putting foam on all the walls for a naturalistic viv

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
I dont see why not, just make sure more than one or two coats of it bc you dont want to have to re-do it in a couple years, but yeah it should make an excellent moisture barrier, thats what its used for primarily

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me