• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Seattle Area owners?

Julieonna

Logans cage is mid construction. He only sleeps in the 100 gallon that hes in, at night. He free roams in my room all day. We also go for walks and to the park.

He has a bed with 2 ceramics and a UVB light he "chills" under just outside his tank.

What kind of Tegu do you have? How old? How long have you had it?

Mike B

Logans cage is mid construction. He only sleeps in the 100 gallon that hes in, at night. He free roams in my room all day. We also go for walks and to the park.

He has a bed with 2 ceramics and a UVB light he "chills" under just outside his tank.

What kind of Tegu do you have? How old? How long have you had it?

I have a golden Tegu and a B and W I have oned them for about 2 months.i believe they are just under a year based on size. Around 20” or so. Been working with them and still seem to be getting nowhere. Open to any ideas. They are in a converted display case. 2 ceramic heaters and a uvb fluorescent bulb. Goal is to have them both run free, but I don’t believe they are ready. I am worried that I am doing something wrong in terms of handling. They are usually burrowed, and I am reading that it’s usually not a good idea to wake them. I only have so much time in a day, and the only time I have is after 3pm for a couple hours.

Wanted to connect with someone local to bounce ideas and what not with. Would you be willing to help?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have a golden Tegu and a B and W I have oned them for about 2 months.i believe they are just under a year based on size. Around 20” or so. Been working with them and still seem to be getting nowhere. Open to any ideas. They are in a converted display case. 2 ceramic heaters and a uvb fluorescent bulb. Goal is to have them both run free, but I don’t believe they are ready. I am worried that I am doing something wrong in terms of handling. They are usually burrowed, and I am reading that it’s usually not a good idea to wake them. I only have so much time in a day, and the only time I have is after 3pm for a couple hours.

Wanted to connect with someone local to bounce ideas and what not with. Would you be willing to help?

Not in seattle......I'm over the pond in the UK.....I have a rescued colombian at about 90cm and I've had him from about 40cm for just over a year

In my personel opinion I see no harm in disturbing them from their burrow at this time of year to tweek their routine around your own for Taming puposes AS LONG AS THEIR IS NO AGGRESSION when you do so. The only time I would adjust this is around hibernation time and I'm sure you'd see a destinct behavioural changes IF they are going to hibernat (but I own a colombian that doesn't hibernate)

Also just be patient, patient and MORE PATIENT.....They are not like some little puppy that will love you in an instant as long as you feed it and be kind....They really make you work for that trust:D:D:tegu:;)

Julieonna

I got Logan at 6 months and he just turned 2. He has gone from super curious and active to sleep all day to touch me, pet me, love me to you can pet me a little but dont bug me.
I get nervous something is off everytime he changes direction. :)
do you house both your Tegus together? And what sex are they? I would think having 2 would make it a little harder to bond with. But I know people own 2 or more quite a bit.
I agree with AlphaAlpha patience is huge. When Logan wants to be cuddly, it makes me melt .its so worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980