• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Seeking a new owner for my Gu - Michigan Only

the_cw

Due to some life changes I am no longer in a position to keep my Tegu anymore. Not my choice, but sometimes things don't work out the way you'd like.

He is a Reb/Black cross originally from LauraFl here on the forums. I'll send pics to interested parties, but I do not post images on forums as a rule. He is near 1 year old and he is between 3 and 4 feet long. He is friendly--I can pet him, talk to him and pick him up in a limited fashion--but I would not say he is 'house trained' or anything like that. With reptiles, I tend to let them alone.

He will *not* be able to come with his cage as it cannot leave the room it currently is in any degree of stability. This cage was not designed to be taken apart, either, so you would need something suitable for a larger Tegu ready for him.

I am not in a rush. I am looking for someone who is responsible and willing to take care of this guy for a long time. I planned on keeping him forever but, as implied before, sometimes relationships don't work out and you need to move on.

Post in this thread if you'd like more information. I'll only PM pics. I am willing to drive and I'm not necessarily seeking a "re-homing fee" or something like that. Gas money would be great, however.

the_cw

@ jon:
I'm in Grand Blanc. I will pm pics if you'd like. I can do so tomorrow.

@ Snake:
I would *much* prefer not to. Like I said, he's nearly 4 feet and I have never shipped an animal before. I truly would not feel comfortable. However, I may be willing to if another experience party does not step forward.

Ripkabird98

the_cw said:
@ jon:
I'm in Grand Blanc. I will pm pics if you'd like. I can do so tomorrow.

@ Snake:
I would *much* prefer not to. Like I said, he's nearly 4 feet and I have never shipped an animal before. I truly would not feel comfortable. However, I may be willing to if another experience party does not step forward.

If you can ship at buyers expense, I'm really interested. I can walk you through the steps.

the_cw said:
Due to some life changes I am no longer in a position to keep my Tegu anymore. Not my choice, but sometimes things don't work out the way you'd like.

He is a Reb/Black cross originally from LauraFl here on the forums. I'll send pics to interested parties, but I do not post images on forums as a rule. He is near 1 year old and he is between 3 and 4 feet long. He is friendly--I can pet him, talk to him and pick him up in a limited fashion--but I would not say he is 'house trained' or anything like that. With reptiles, I tend to let them alone.

He will *not* be able to come with his cage as it cannot leave the room it currently is in any degree of stability. This cage was not designed to be taken apart, either, so you would need something suitable for a larger Tegu ready for him.

I am not in a rush. I am looking for someone who is responsible and willing to take care of this guy for a long time. I planned on keeping him forever but, as implied before, sometimes relationships don't work out and you need to move on.

Post in this thread if you'd like more information. I'll only PM pics. I am willing to drive and I'm not necessarily seeking a "re-homing fee" or something like that. Gas money would be great, however.

I've wanted a LauraFL baby for a long time. PM me info if you will ship if I walk you through it!

the_cw

KritterKeeper said:
Im in Ohio and would also like to see pics if possible

One is him peeking his head out. The other is him getting his stuck in an 18 inch glove(useful for size comparison, lol). I don't have other pics at the moment, sorry. These are both from the last month or so.

Attachments

• IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 43

the_cw

He really is so great laura. I love him to death. After the whole Varnyard mess, I was so happy to get him. But, relationships end...and some things don't fit into a life that's been forced upon you. :(

the_cw

It's sad, but I'm moving on. Thanks for the support. :)

Anyone else interested? I have an inquiring individual via PM, and I'd be happy with that, but I want to make sure nobody feels left out, etc.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Only if you are willing to ship. I'd love to have the little guy back. :) I sent you an email earlier, but maybe your email has changed???

the_cw

laurarfl said:
Only if you are willing to ship. I'd love to have the little guy back. :) I sent you an email earlier, but maybe your email has changed???

Here's a better pic. Notice how he's uprooted his plans...again. His enclosure looks so bland, but even with double potting them he just is such a destructive digger. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0320 (2).JPG
    IMG_0320 (2).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 28

Elizabeth Stallard

5 Year Member
[size=medium][/size]
the_cw said:

Hello, we have been researching Tegu's and would really be interested in talking with you and possible bringing your Tegu into our home. We are located in the Grand Rapids MI area. We have a suitable enclosure for a Tegu of the size you describe, and are well aware of their needs as they grow. We are happily able to accomadate all of them! I have had reptiles my whole life (48 years) and feel educated and comfortable in housing a Tegu properly. Gas money would be no problem. I believe you would feel happy with his new home. Give me a call anytime . Elizabeth Stallard 616 868-2122

the_cw

Elizabeth Stallard said:
[size=medium][/size]
the_cw said:

Hello, we have been researching Tegu's and would really be interested in talking with you and possible bringing your Tegu into our home. We are located in the Grand Rapids MI area. We have a suitable enclosure for a Tegu of the size you describe, and are well aware of their needs as they grow. We are happily able to accomadate all of them! I have had reptiles my whole life (48 years) and feel educated and comfortable in housing a Tegu properly. Gas money would be no problem. I believe you would feel happy with his new home. Give me a call anytime . Elizabeth Stallard 616 868-2122

I gave you a call.

If there's anyone else who doesn't require shipping, please let me know.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i thought it was sold.

i can take him in if you would like to give him to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.