• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sex?

MizM

5 Year Member
Ugh, sexing these guys is a headache!!

My long, thin, jowl-free teggie is sporting the little buttons on either side of the vent. Gotta be male, right?

My fat, jowly, manly looking teg has NO buttons and from the ventral view, appears female. Sigh.

The one in the top of the photo has buttons, the one on the bottom, lacks them:
100_4128.jpg

Am I a girl:
brutus.jpg

brutus2.jpg

Am I a boy:
cookie.jpg

cookie2.jpg

Will I ever have teggie grandchildren?

MizM

5 Year Member
Really?!?! Here's the funny thing. I bought the female as a male, and the male as a female.

The male's name is Cookie, the female's name is Brutus.... NOW what do I do? :lol: That's the easy part.

Neither were hibernated as Brutus moved from California to Texas in October and Cookie's owners just didn't do it. So, if I am EVER to breed, I will have to wait until next year! :(

THANKS for confirming what I thought!!

Oh, and so I can better learn how to sex these guys, what are you basing your opinion on? I can't even see the males little buttons on the photos, is there a shape or something I should be looking for?

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
My male iguana's name is Cookie! lol The same thing happened with my iguanas. When I found out that they were both the opposite sex, I left their names the same. :p Their names are Cookie and Ace, The male is Cookie and the female is Ace.

MizM

5 Year Member
LOL! Her full name is Brutus Maximus, but since she's a SHE, we'll just drop the Maximus!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029