• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

sexing ball python

shimmer

5 Year Member
I need to know how to sex ball pythons. I recently bought a large ball from petsmart. The poor thing has a lot of binds in its tail so the tail method will not work. I already have a female ball and I was comparing spirs. If anyone has pictures of male ball python because the spirs are not very big but they curve at the end. The snake is in shed right now so I do not know what morph it is but the spots are dark brown. I am also afraid to pop the snake because it looks like someone smashed its tail with a meat tenderizer.

Beazer

5 Year Member
No pics of males, but some people are good at visually sexing them by their buldge/tail but still can be way off. Spurs can be innaccurate so its cool you arent just going by those. I really do not like popping at all at any size. Have it probed by a professional (see if you have a local reptile store and see if you feel confident in them cause they can be just as bad as petstupid/petco. As far as morphs go, its more than likely a regular unless you got lucky with a wc import thats carrying some gnarly gene. If it does end up being a morph get your arse to the gas station and buy a lotto ticket too.

-Jon DeLong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me