• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

she bit me

stef

my female bit me, now how to react?
I have only been 15 days ...
I am a bit shocked
this happened when I sat in front of his terra, windows were open, she came to me slowly, and arrived on my knees, I panicked because I did not trust it ... I wanted to take my hands and she bit me in the first movement of my hand

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Proceed exactly the same way that you have been (without getting bitten again, of course). Don't let a little bite get in the way of your goals with your tegu. Otherwise, you'll just be reinforcing the idea that if your tegu bites you, you'll leave him/her alone. Rather, you want to teach your tegu that you are not a threat and that even if he/she does bite/try to bite, you're not going to retreat. Tegus are smart and wary of any potential threats--soon, because of this intelligence, your tegu will realize that you are not to be bitten.

Hang in there!

herpgirl2510

Stick with it I have a three foot male I am working with who thrashes opens his mouth when I try to handle him and a columbian tegu that bit me two days ago. I think that sometimes they test ways to get you to leave them if it does not work they will hopefully stop. I can empathize i worry that they will never calm down around me.

TheTeguGurl

Dont back down, dont show the tegu that ur scared , they are very smart and can read the emotions.. keep doing it every day over and over..

Tensleep

Hi,
This is off topic. I am new to this site and having difficulty figuring out how (or where) to post general comments and questions that other members can see and respond to. I have owned many types of animals all my life. I grew up wading neck deep in ponds, lakes and rivers catching native turtles and frogs. I often came home with my pockets full of native snakes. I love animals, and just recently put a deposit on one of Bobby's Tegus. I have many questions, I have done my research online but know that nothing is better than experienced advice and knowledge. As like most of you I am serious about caring for any animal. Sorry to be off topic Stef

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would keep being persistent, you can try wearing gloves for a little while if you're worried about her breaking skin. I wouldn't think the taste of a glove to be very pleasant lol. After you feel more comfortable you can always stop using gloves... Or don't use gloves at all.. Either way keep working with her. Everyone is bound to get bit at some point.. I haven't been bitten yet but I'm starting to hope they do it before they get massive lol

stef

I her out of his terra today, it has been quite mefiante, and me too lol
worst she raced me !!!
lol what character

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980