• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

shed on tegu tail

dannyb

5 Year Member
ok please dont slate me as i just need some advice. my tegu has had a rubbish shed.left about half his tail skin on. as ive been working to try get that off(which so far has been unsuccessful) he has shed again so now has two sheds on his tail(he shed very quickly after the first shed) i spray him with a litre of water every day so humidity is good,(85-90%)he wont eat fruit but gets liver and codd liver oil on his rats. ive been soaking him(sometimes for 3 hours at once!) massaging the tail with oil but it doesnt even look like its starting to come off and there is no where to even try help him get it off as no loose bits. its doesnt look like its constricting his tail but im getting worried now. ive kept reps for 16 yrs and have never had this trouble before.if i took him to a vets would they beable to give me anything to help??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980