• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Shrimp

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Can I feed my tegu Zoo Med's canned river shrimp? I keep reading about how much tegus like shrimp and I want to give them a try.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sure why not, i get a 2lb bag of fresh shrimp for my tegus, storm eats them but rayne usually ignores them most of the time

Jason

5 Year Member
Do you feed shrimp raw, or do you get the pre-cooked ones. Shell on or pre-shelled and deveined? always wondered, that the only reason i haven't tried feeding shrimp before

Draco D Tegu

I get them raw, but I do peel them. I had one bout with impaction with my littler guy and I will never do that again. I don't feed shellfish too often however, due to worry over mercury and iodine content.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I feed raw and i take the shell off myself, i remembering reading to feed with the shell off so thats what i always do

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much for all the advice. I'm gonna try the shrimp out; since he seems to really like silversides, I figure he's got a taste for seafood. Worse case scenario, I can give 'em to the turtles.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i too get fresh shrimp and they love it. its an occasional food though for mine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980