• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Signs

jor71

5 Year Member
Ok, I know there has been numerous posts on this topic, but could not locate the answer I was looking for here. Please forgive me if this has been discussed already.

Ash is 21" from snout to the tip of his tail.

He is in a 20 gallon (I know he needs a bigger enclosure, but there was a slight delay in getting it ready.) for right now and will have his new home next week.

Basking temps is 105 F, cool end at 80 F.

I have a red light on during the night that keeps the basking end at 90 and the cool end at 78.

Humidty starts at 85% when I first mist the tank and lowers within an hour to approx 80 - 76%. By the time I get home from work it is usually at 65% and at night down to 50%.

Could the following be a sign that he is going to hibernate?
or
Could it be stress related since he is close to or has grown too big for a 20 gallon long?

Three days ago Ash suddenly decided to stay buried in his hide until approx 7:00AM.

He is normally up by around 5 - 5:30 AM.

The following was the routine:

I would get up at 6:15 AM turn on his UVB light and go to the kitchen to prepare his meal. I would prep his feeding bin at 6:50 AM and place his food inside the bin. I would go to his enclosure and take him out to feed. He would finish eating and leave a thank you gift after eating like clockwork.

Well, three days ago as I mentioned earlier he got up at 7AM and noticed he left me his gift inside his water bowl.

I found it strange that he was up late but thought perhaps he freaked out over something earlier and went into his hide. I fed him, but he did not leave me a gift (since he already did earlier in the morning).

Tues and Weds he was up at 6:30 AM, he ate and never went to the bathroom and stayed out for about 2 hours and called it the day and went to sleep.

Today he was up earlier at around 5:10AM, he ate and never went to the bathroom again and went to sleep at around 8:00 AM.

I am sorry for the long post, but I want to make sure I provide enough information for all of you.