• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Site news, upgrading.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As many of you know this site is rocking and it is time for us to upgrade. We have been working with PHPBB2 ever since the site started in October of 2007. The new version of PHPBB is out and we will be changing and upgrading the old data base to PHPBB3.

I also want to thank our Admins that have helped in the past (RehabRalphy, and Sammy) for getting us this far. I have asked Tux to help us get this site back to where we need to be and help with some of the bugs we have been having. The DeBug errors, and also letting members choose thier own skins (for you guys that are at work) lol.

I want to thank all of our staff for helping us with this awesome site: Tux, Mike, COWHER, PuffDragon, MMRR - jif, DaveDragon, AB^ , DZLife, and dorton. And thanks again to Sammy and Mike AKA RehabRalphy for helping at getting us this far.

I know nothing about the database or upgrading the site, Tux is very good at this and I would hope that each of you would give him a warm welcome for helping us make this site better than ever. The site might be down a little here or there, but it will be back up and stronger than ever, please have patience during this time, it is change for the better.

Thanks again and best regards,
Bobby AKA Varnyard, owner, TeguTalk.com

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Yay :) Not so much for work but when I'm at school and take down there firewall! lol

Merry Christmas everyone or Happy Holidays everyone, which ever you prefer. It's not too late to say it is it? It's only 11:40 PM

Welcome Tux and good luck everyone! Also thanks to all the mods and admins, your hard work is well appreciated :)

Spencer

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
You've talked about it for sometime, and IT HAS COME! 8)

Good luck with the transition. I'm sure things will be fine.

Do you know when this all might be taken place (dates on being worked on)?

Tux

5 Year Member
Probably within the next couple days, I'm testing it all on a local dev box before I touch the live site. So far so good, it's actually going smoother than I thought it would.

As for telling you something about me, I'm a programmer and security expert (penetration test networks mainly), a single father of a 2 year old, have experience with tons of reps over about a 10 year period.....hmm I'm on IRC quite a bit so anyone who wants to know more just come chat.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh one more thing Tux, could we get a way to upload pictures to our posts? Right now we are using photobucket.

Thanks Bro!! :)

Tux

5 Year Member
So far, I've got the db converted working on the theme, I don't think I'll be able to convert it exactly but I'll do my best to get it close, then I gotta do the portal and when thats done I can transfer it all live.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tux said:
So far, I've got the db converted working on the theme, I don't think I'll be able to convert it exactly but I'll do my best to get it close, then I gotta do the portal and when thats done I can transfer it all live.

Awesome Tux, sounds great!! Thanks again!! :)

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm just gonna post this here rather than start a new thread.

Life has caught up with me and I have not been as active as of late. 2008 was awesome and I am looking forward to 2009 being even better! It looks like you all had a great holiday and I'd like to thank Bobby for the site and best wishes.

Recently, my truck was rear ended doing $8000 in damage (no injuries just a hassle), I was acepted to Thomas Jefferson University for Fall 2009, and I have been running around like a mad man enjoying Eagles/Flyers games as well as a lot of catch up time with family. I plan to get more involved with the forum again and hope everyone has a Happy New year!!!

let's hear it for tux!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
I'm just gonna post this here rather than start a new thread.

Life has caught up with me and I have not been as active as of late. 2008 was awesome and I am looking forward to 2009 being even better! It looks like you all had a great holiday and I'd like to thank Bobby for the site and best wishes.

Recently, my truck was rear ended doing $8000 in damage (no injuries just a hassle), I was acepted to Thomas Jefferson University for Fall 2009, and I have been running around like a mad man enjoying Eagles/Flyers games as well as a lot of catch up time with family. I plan to get more involved with the forum again and hope everyone has a Happy New year!!!

let's hear it for tux!

Joe, you are awesome at helping us here, but we all have lives outside the forums. I understand about not having time to post at times, sometimes I get too busy to be here as well. I do try to look in every day to see what is going on, even if I do not post. Good luck with your education, it will be worth all of the hard work.
And we will be glad to have any time you have to join us when you can. :)

Tux

5 Year Member
Here's a lil preview, don't mind the text being pixelated, that's just my crappy screencap program.

TT006.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980