• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Size of cage

Frankyismyboi

I have a tegu, his name is frank he is about a year and a half old, and 2 1/2 feet long, He lives in and out of the cage, his cage measures 2ft x 3.5ft x 5ft, And I spent a lot of time on that cage, and I was planning on adding a second layer into his cage instead of making a whole new cage, any thoughts? The new layer would be about half of the size of the cage.

Stellalife1

I have a tegu, his name is frank he is about a year and a half old, and 2 1/2 feet long, He lives in and out of the cage, his cage measures 2ft x 3.5ft x 5ft, And I spent a lot of time on that cage, and I was planning on adding a second layer into his cage instead of making a whole new cage, any thoughts? The new layer would be about half of the size of the cage.
Alot of people use grow tents 4x4x8 on its side. There are different tent enclosure ideas on fb. They keep great heat & humidity. I used 1 for 2yrs. If I was ever going to do it again, I would put bamboo fencing around the inside & use coconut chips & coconut core. And try to find a 3x4x8 so it would be 3ftbhigh instead of 4...

Frankyismyboi

Alot of people use grow tents 4x4x8 on its side. There are different tent enclosure ideas on fb. They keep great heat & humidity. I used 1 for 2yrs. If I was ever going to do it again, I would put bamboo fencing around the inside & use coconut chips & coconut core. And try to find a 3x4x8 so it would be 3ftbhigh instead of 4...
I was reading up on grow tents I was thinking about getting one, but I made the wood one I have now, and I was thinking of adding a second layer to it so I would not have to get another cage, do you think that would be a good idea?

Stellalife1

I was reading up on grow tents I was thinking about getting one, but I made the wood one I have now, and I was thinking of adding a second layer to it so I would not have to get another cage, do you think that would be a good idea?
Just keep in mind that the tegu needs room to turn around & needs to be a certain distance from the lights to not get burned. You may be better off to build out instead of up... if the lower part has no heat element, I'm not sure how you would have a warm side on 2 levels as well as a warm side on 2 levels.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980