• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Skinny tegu concerns

mayhewwet

IMG_20191015_195410.jpg
Hi, all,

I have a ~10 month old who I'd appreciate your thoughts on if she's dangerously underweight and small for her size. She just finished a shed a few days ago, but looks very skinny and her skin is sagging around her legs and sides.

Energy-wise, she's still energetic -- climbs up my arm to get out of the tank. I've been letting her free roam around the place for 10 minutes at a time every few days, but maybe this is stressing her.

Other situational things:
- She's been kept in a 40gal tank for the last 6 months with a male red tegu, same age. The red one is about twice as thick as she is at this point
- I separated them 2 days ago, when the red one started mounting her
- She's only shed 2 times in the past 6 months

She eats a couple of bites of the following every day:
- chicken gizzards, ground turkey, beef liver
- sometimes she'll hunt the crickets in her cage
- I gave her a live pinkie for the first time today -- she showed no interest

Tank setup:
105deg F daylight (12 hours)
75def F nighttime
The humidity might be affecting things? I'm not around to mist it during work hours, so it fluctuates between 35% and 80% daily -- I really need to get a mister

Thanks!

UccjhqZ

ZCCXM33

Attachments

• IMG_20191015_195509.jpg
    IMG_20191015_195509.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 28

onnie0047

She looks fine to me, I have 2 B/W females and one Red male. The Male is 18 months younger than the females, he look bulky and is quite larger than the females..who look slender compared to his girth.

mayhewwet

She looks fine to me, I have 2 B/W females and one Red male. The Male is 18 months younger than the females, he look bulky and is quite larger than the females..who look slender compared to his girth.

That's reassuring to hear, thanks! The size discrepancy is wild

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980