• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Skinny?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Rango and Guru seem like they've stayed pretty plump through out the winter. All 3 of them have been going back and forth, they haven't been eating a ton either (expected). Today they're all up! I feel like Gimli (hybrid) looks pretty slim... Some of it might be an illusion? I'm trying to just look at the base of his tail and his hips. I'll see if I can get more pictures. I'm gonna feed them today but the last time Gimli ate was Monday. He had 3 jumbo mice.
I haven't had to deal with this hibernation/brumation stuff in the past, is it normal for them to get a bit slim or should I start looking into other things like possible parasites or something? I had always been under the impression that they shouldn't be losing weight.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
330tdgy.jpg

I think the angle is kind of funky but it definitely shows what I mean.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980