• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sleeping alot

LoLo1010

Hi folks.
Can anyone tell me why my Lizzie seems to want to sleep all the time. Is she just being lazy or could it be something else. I dont have a huge viv for her but she opens her own door and wanders around the house when ever she wants. I usually find her asleep under another viv. I bring her out to watch TV on the couch with me and she goes under the cusions and goes to sleep. She even sleeps in the shower. She eats, drinks and poops regularly.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I think it's pretty normal for them to sleep a lot. They like to burrow, bask, etc. Niles lounges about often. Goes in his hide often. Comes out to eat and bask and occasionally explore. Are your temps up? Cooler temps can mean slower animals.

LoLo1010

Temps are fine. She's happy in herself and loves getting cuddles, kisses and attention etc. She's never bitten or shown any aggression and likes to be hand fed. She is one big gentle lump of lovelyness. Just wanted to make sure everything is OK with her.
Cheers

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yes I'm sure everything is fine as long as you're not seeing unusual behavior or sickly behavior... normal poops and feeding and drinking plenty of fresh water...etc. and I'm thinking just wanting her "me time " haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu