• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sleeping?

rebeccaej

5 Year Member
I've heard of free range tegu's during the day... mine has a cage during the day and is out when I'm home. Does anybody's tegu sleep in their bed at night, though, like a cat or dog? Obviously I'm talking about adults, as babies would be likely to get squished, but does anybody have one that does this? Would there be any drawbacks? If cats and small dogs can, is there any reason that a tegu couldn't?

Just a thought I had and was curious about! Thanks!

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Well you wouldnt want to for one because of personnal hygiene reasons, and for two tegus are nothing like dogs or cats if your tegu decided something smelled good on your body while you were sleeping you would wake up to some very bloody sheets. So no that is not a good idea at all.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
As long as they are kept at a decent temperature I don't see it being a problem. My old Savannah monitor used to sleep in my bed with me some nights, and there was never a problem. He was so big its not like he could get lost if he left the bed anyway.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Every evening for the last week, when I have gotten home from school, my little girl (the yearling Chacoan) has been hiding under my covers waiting to ambush me XD

She keeps on finding new ways to get out of her enclosure. I am getting a new lid that latches on better soon, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I have tegu-proofed my room, so when I do let her cruise around, I don't have to worry about her getting injured or getting out of the room.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
angelrose said:
ok, before I go I have to know what the 'XD' means :?:

XD is like a smiley face. Its supposed to look like someone laughing really hard. Eyes crossed in the middle like this >.< and the D like the bottom of a big smile. sorry for the bad description, but thats wat it is lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me