• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Snack time

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Just a few photos of Edgar. I have frozen, but live always gets a better feeding response out of him, and it is very interesting watching his hunting techniques. National Geographic right in my living room:
EdgarMouse2.jpg

EdgarMouse.jpg

-Chris

ZEKE

5 Year Member
how big is he and what size tank is he in? you got any full pics of his tank?

awesome looking monitor you have there. that first pic is cute lol

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
they are pretty monitors..I want to get a black tree monitor,and another water soon

Aranha

5 Year Member
i tried to get a varanus dumerli in sweden but it was pretty much impossilbe. You can get em in germany tho

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He is a good looking one too, he also looks to have a very good keeper.

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Thanks Bobby! I know you do a great job with your tegus too. One day I hope to get one from you, but I don't get anything I can't provide for space wise.

One day...

-Chris

maddogg9019

5 Year Member
beautiful roughneck you have there! I've always heard of them to be a bit shy is this true with yours? Also your tank setup looks great keep up the great work

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Yes and no. In the wild they are definitely shy, but wild animals are almost all like that. They aren't as bold as say an argus, but they do have spunk. If he feels I'm too close, he will puff and hiss. He used to run away all the time, but that was right after I got him, and I was holding him a lot when I went to the vet and obsessively checking on him.

Don't touch them, tong feed them, and you'll have a nice friendly lizard in maybe 2 years. There's no guarantee of that though. Every animal is different.

-Chris

maddogg9019

5 Year Member
cool, it may sound weird but based on the way they look I would expect them to be shy:?: :?: :?: I don't know why but they just look like they'd be shy. He is beautiful though. Maybe one day I could get all 1138 reptile species that interest me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980