• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

snake rack ideas?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i am getting really tired if on of my snakes getting out.(luna) i got one of those stoage bins and make it to fit my bigger snakes. but one of em is just the right size to slip through. she cant get out of the bin but she gets behind it. anyone know of a good way to build a cage that wont cost me $300?

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Got a picture of what you're currently using? If you don't have tools available or aren't handy at making your own stuff you could just go with a row of bins set on a strip of flexwatt. You still need a thermostat to regulate the tape and be sure to secure the tops on your tubs with some type of strap or bungee so the snake(s) can't escape.

There are so many write-ups on DIY snake racks too.
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=DIY+snake+rack&pbx=1&oq=DIY+snake+rack&aq=f&aqi=g2g-v2&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=429l1833l0l1914l14l9l0l2l2l0l191l1080l2.7l10l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=49b181b6175dfaaa&biw=939&bih=634

frost

1,000+ Post Club
rack system, im very handy with tools and making things. been doing it since i was old enough to hold a tool. the rack im using now is just a 3 tier storage bin with some pet screen on the sides and back to ensure they dont get out. those look good, im not entirely sure what stuff to use tho. im not gonna go dirt cheap on it i want it to at least look nice lol. my biggest concern is getting a good heat source in there but not over heat them.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You're talking about the all plastic storage bins they sell in wal-mart and places like that? I'm trying to figure out what you're currently using so I can possibly give advice. Could you post a link to a picture of one?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is this what you are looking to do?

Attachments

• IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    903 KB · Views: 40

frost

1,000+ Post Club
yeah, thanks. just need to find a reliable place to get bins. my walmart and places like it dont have very much of a selection.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can order them online at walmart.com

Or check out boaphileplastics.com.

Reptile_fever

Boa phile is awesome but take too too long to ship & really expensive!! Theres a site http://www.ball-pythons.net/,they will have a ton of info for you & there a friendly community addicted to pics!! You'll make one under that budget for sure!! Boaphile,your gonna pay way more ,but you get what you pay for!!Flex watt tape will work but your gonna need a thermostate to regulate the heat released by the flex.I've seen some people using paper clips to hold the bin lid from prying open,from your snake trying to escape!!Good luck hope this could help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980