• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

sneezing tegu?

G

my 6 month old b&w argentine is sneezing, i think? thats what it sounds like at least.. hes super active (as usual) but he sneezed about 3 times in the past hour. could he/she have a URI?

G

Its never under 85 in the tank. And he does not show anyy other signs of uri... not that I know what symptoms are for reptiles.. I'm a cat/dog vet tech :slap

G

Its never under 85 in the tank. And he does not show anyy other signs of uri... not that I know what symptoms are for reptiles.. I'm a cat/dog vet tech :slap

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If there is discharge then it could be but alot of young tegus end up snezzing alot becuase they are active... meaning they kick up alot of dust and that gets in haled. A few sneezes are fine every now and then. If its something that keeps going on and the eyes dont look as bright, the color is pale or worse there is discharge from the mouth or nose and whezzing then get him to a vet ASAP.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Did he just had something to drink or took a bath and put his head under water ? Is the mulch maybe to dry and he was breathing in some dust ? Put his face next to your ear and try to listen to some clicking noise or wheezing ( sorry if I didn't spell it right ). If you can't hear anything then he should be fine. But still keep a eye on him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont