• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

So tempting to trade

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
well, with my stupid threads from before set aside, i thought i would make a serious thread for once a while
i have been keeping my monkey tail skink for quite a long time, and he is awesome, but right now, i'm starting to have the "tegu addiction" and i'm eager to have one more, there have been several offers and trades, for my monkey tail skink from a couple of guys, some of the trades were sub adult savannah monitor for the skink, a albino burmese python for the skink, a pair of ball pythons for the skink, a pixie frog for the skink, and a couple hundred dollars
but i found some guy that was wanting to sell his black and white tegu recently (my friend told me about this guy) or trade it with something smaller, i thought about it, and decided i have enough room for another one, but i didn't have the money, i have enough money for feeding, care, etc, but not for another lizard, all i have for the offer is my monkey tail skink
opinions are appreciated

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
well, as everybody knows monkey tail skinks are very popular and i don't want anybody to go after my skink like another guy went after it last couple years ago, so i don't want him to get too excited, but from what i know, he's baby, and he doesn't know the sex of it either, i want a female

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Personally I would trade for the alby Burm, but don't trade your skink for a sav. those cost dirt. EBV in California sells their hatchlings for 65 bucks. I would possibly sell the skink, and buy a tegu in spring. I don't see the other ones interesting.

nat

5 Year Member
I want a monkey tail... but I won't trade my tegu for it lol

If this is something you are really considering, don't trade based on monetary value, trade based on insuring that you are a) getting a pet you will value and b) that your skink goes to a home that will care for him / her well. That's the only advice I can give.

playlboi

5 Year Member
dude, i'll trade with you. i'm looking into starting up a monkey tailed skink group. if only you were in the states. lol

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
i had my skink for a looooooooooong time now, and i don't think i'll "sell" it, argentine tegus are way over priced in my area, and i don't want to drive all the way to the air port again to pick up a new tegu, tho it's worth it
savannah monitors in my area is about $150-300 depending on the size
i'll think about it a little more, and make the decision
and Nat, did you visit Petboutique in North Vancouver? they have some monkey tails quite often, you should visit and even buy one, they're about $270

nat

5 Year Member
no I haven't visited that pet store, I live on Vancouver Island at the moment so haven't had a lot of chances to get over to the mainland but there are a couple places here that sell monkey tails for aprx 300 each. I even saw one that was suspected to be pregnant for sale but my husband made me leave the store. ha ha.

nat

5 Year Member
yah I was surprised, I saw a gravid monkey tail in a pet store for about 300 in December. I am not sure if the wholesalers just have some extra stock from before the cites was upgraded. Most pet stores I knew had a hard time getting rid of them, not a very well known reptile here.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't think it is a fair trade for you....I believe that the skink is worth sufficiently more....atleast the Monkey Tail...
You might want to do some research on how much the Monkey tails like yours are going for first.

nat

5 Year Member
you pay about 300 for either a tegu or a mt skink in BC, at least that was the case a couple months ago when I was browsing the pet shops

nat

5 Year Member
no that's Canadian. 300 is average for retail, if you buy them from a breeder or whole sale its closer to 125 - 175

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
well, all i know is that my skink is going to be traded with a very healthy female tegu and is going to a person that is a professional, he does shows, and breeds, them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus