• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Some behaviour correction needed!

Schnab

5 Year Member
Each time I take my tegu out for freeroaming/human interraction, she seems to associate that time to go potty. It's pretty gross and unpleasant. Is there a way of correcting this behaviour?

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
When you take it out place it into a tub to eat, and within 5 minutes of eating it should also go to the bathroom in there o_o
(works for me)

Schnab

5 Year Member
I wish mine would lol. That would be awesome.

But i was refering to having water in the feeding bin XD

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Mine gets up every afternoon and gets under the lamp
When its warm it comes out, goes in the kitchen, under the table and goes on the lenolium floor.
This may be gross to some people but I would much rather clean it up off that floor every day then for it to go on mulch in its huge enclosure where it is impossible for me to clean it up 100%.
After that it starts loking around for food, I feed it, it crawls back to its lamp to get heated up again, then I try and get her out and handle her.
This way I dont get pooped on, shes not looking at me as food, and shes content and not so apt to run away to look for food or go to the bathroom.
If you just re-aranged at what time you decide to hold it, you may find its mood to be completely acceptable.

Thats what happened in my case and everything works out great.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Soaking is the quick fix, I soak mine before letting them in my house or truck, lol.

Suzanne

5 Year Member
Hi, I read somewhere that tegus can be litter trained. Is this true? have any of you ever tried this?

Schnab

5 Year Member
ColdThirst said:
This may be gross to some people but I would much rather clean it up off that floor every day then for it to go on mulch in its huge enclosure where it is impossible for me to clean it up 100%.

I agree with you on that point. But it's my bf who makes such a big scene about it.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
oh thats easy. Get a new bf or he can be cool with it. You'd be surprised how fast he'd be cool with it lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980