• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Some pics of my Red Tail Boas BCI

dorton

5 Year Member
Both of these are female 07s the darker one is about 300g, and the lighter one(actually in shed, is usualy really light colored with lots of pink, and red)is about 200g.
mar08048.jpg

mar08049.jpg

mar08054.jpg

mar08062.jpg

mar08034.jpg

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Their beautiful I like how they were posed for the pictures. and it would be funny to see the expression of the people next door if they looked out and saw you taking those haha

dorton

5 Year Member
I swapped to rats just as soon as the got some size on them. But they are taking small rats once a week.

As far as the neighbors are concerned the house seen in the background of the first pic are terrified on my super sweet dog so I know they would/will hate my reptiles. I had a neighbor see me with my baby savannah monitor in the back yard, and he freaked out just a little.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
dorton said:
I swapped to rats just as soon as the got some size on them. But they are taking small rats once a week.

As far as the neighbors are concerned the house seen in the background of the first pic are terrified on my super sweet dog so I know they would/will hate my reptiles. I had a neighbor see me with my baby savannah monitor in the back yard, and he freaked out just a little.

That's too bad :( Let's just hope that they don't cause issues. I've had neighbors that would do practically anything to "rid their neighborhood of those menaces"

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Whats the proper size tank or cage do you need to house a RTB?

dorton

5 Year Member
DZLife said:
That's too bad :( Let's just hope that they don't cause issues. I've had neighbors that would do practically anything to "rid their neighborhood of those menaces"

I have hobbies that would bother them alot worse. If they wanted to shove, I can push back :mrgreen:

Lexi,
As far as housing is concerned, for an adult my cages are going to be 6x3x2, but alot of people do fine with 4x2x2.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
push back! Thats what I like to hear, people standing up for themselves. Also I do not get what people freak out about so much with reptiles! It is so stupid. Youll be sitting there with a snake wrapped around your arm and they will literally run away and ask will it bite? And your standing there like, well, its not biting me right now is it? And snakes I can halfway understand, but lizards, there is absolutely nothing to be running off about, one of my friends won't even come inside my apt. until the Tegu is properly secured and its just a baby, it aggervates me and makes me laugh at the same time. I just want to hold them down and put a reptile on their chest and let it lick their face for 20 min. until they calm down and realize it's not going to hurt them. I have a 2' baby boa and my grandparents are genuinly concerned that it is going to escape its cage in the middle of the night and kill me in my sleep and they tell me everytime I go over there. That is such an ignorant thing to say, I dont even want to go over there anymore and hear it come out of their mouth because its so stupid and I can't tell my grandma shes a dumb a$$ for thinking that. lol. That is why I can't wait to get another adult and really give them somthing to actually freak out about hahaha. It just really grinds my gears.

dorton

5 Year Member
I don't understand the irrational fear. I have a co-worker that I mentioned bringing my tegu to work one day, and she said she would cry if I brought it into the same room as her. I have no understanding of it. As children we would go outside and play with next to nothing on in the snow and would have a ball! But over the years our parents told us all over and over that it was cold, that we needed more clothes on. So, now when we go outside in the winter time we are automatically cold. Our minds are an interesting thing, they can give us power to overcome, or they can be jail that confines.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980