• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

somes questions

stef

Hello everyone,
I ask myself a question: I have two tegus a male and a female, my male has not hibernated last winter ... it was 18 months
my female is the same age, and she has not hibernated
if I did this winter hibernation, the female will have eggs or not? and the male will fertilize or not?
I said I live in France, so it's not easy to translate ...

kellen.watkins

That depends, there are proven breeders who breed blue tegus without hibernation in all honesty I don't know about Black&Whites or reds. From what I know its assumed if they miss the 1st year of hibernation their reproductive organs stretch out from growing so fast and are rendered useless, me personally I do not believe this, after hibernation they grow extremely fast so what's the difference? Their body doesn't growat hibernation but they can go into hibernation at many different sizes and grow like weeds after hibernation. In any case or opinion the. Only way to truly find out is to try unless someone knows of a person who bred without hibernation?? Your female I doubt is old enough to be sexually mature ( reaching sexual maturity at 3 years old) I have heard of males reaching maturity sooner but not females. Hope this helps

stef

ok, thanks!!
yes I knew that my female is too young, I would try no reproduction before 2 years.
my female will have almost 4 years!
thank you for your help
umm another question ... when I would put them together, how?
I fear they are fighting .....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980