• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Something beautiful-

ReptiBonezXO

So my dear dear ZuulDog is wonderfully settled into our home, and i don't think i could be more in love.
Her previous owner claimed that she was "very cage aggressive" come feeding time. Saying he had tried with no avail to get her to eat outside her cage, but she was just too aggressive.

I will say, i have fed her in her cage while she has been settling in, but she did not express much interest in food in the beginning. This worried me, and i feared i may have gotten myself into a bad situation.

Slowly but surely, Zuul has been warming up during feeding time, and this week, we have had a breakthrough.
She not only eats very gently from the feeding tongs, but she allows me to love on her, pet her head and entire body, without signs of discomfort.
She comes up to me easily to receive her meal, and his very gentle, and careful of fingers. When she finishes, she stretches out at length in her cage and lets me pet and scratch her all over, and even drifts to sleep.

I am so happy to see that she trusts me, even to the point of overcoming old vices. This bond i see growing with her amazes me, and i truly believe i have found a great companion. I am so grateful for this trust she demonstrates with me.

A little cheezy, and perhaps overly emotional, but i felt i should share this update with you all:]

spidersandmonsters

Not too much at all. A bond with an animal is a beautiful thing and can be as strong as any other bond. Especially if said animal is a familiar. It's great to have a friend and a pet :]

ReptiBonezXO

I have some damn smart animals, and id have to say she does little things that show me her boxed up intelegence. She's a smart little fiend. Like today she dropped a piece of her egg and in moving to get it pushed a little substrate over it. She looked at it, and gently picked up the chunk of cypress covering the egg, laid it to the side, and retrived her food. It wasn't in her mouth by accident! I watched her intrcatley move something aside.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980