• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Something wrong??

Magik

5 Year Member
Just wanted to know if there is something wrong with my Tegu he rarely ever leaves his hide every three or four days he comes out but all day and all night he just curls up in his hide?any ideas guys??

akward_silence91

5 Year Member
is he new? sometimes, they just need to get used to their new cage. if not , either the temps not right or the humidity (?) is not right. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong, but when my uro (don't have a tegu yet) start hiding all day and night, its either too hot or too cold. Something like that.

Magik

5 Year Member
I have had him for 2 months now and is well used to me as for temps they were too high but I have corrected that as far as humidity goes its pretty much a constant 70%(I havnt even needed to spray his viv for a few days)Temps are as follows:Basking:Highest is 105F Ambient/Background:highest 85F Nighttime drop:lowest 76F Im not really worried I just find it strange??

Nero

5 Year Member
Mine did that before. Last time he did that he didnt come out for 3 days then I reliezed he was shedding and he came out so I gave him a bath and helped him shed the rest off. He mighta came out when you werent around either. Sometimes my tegu will only come out for a short period and then go back in his burrow.

Magik

5 Year Member
He has been alot more active today flying around his viv and basking couldnt find any shed skin so I dont think it was that he looks very fat!!! :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus