• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Still Down, trying some food

agv0008

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted on here. My tegu has been flat passed out for months. :(

Anyway, I pulled out Gilgamesh today just to make sure he is still alive...

Groggy as usual, he was just walking around hanging out. He looks a little skinny. I want him to wake up and be active so bad, but all he wants to do (still) is just burrow and sleep. I stuck some chicken, turkey, broccoli, and a pinky on a little plate and put it in the cage. I hope he eats some of it. I guess he is still wanting to brumate/hibernate some more.

When is he going to wake up and start eating???? His temps and humidity are good, he just will not do anything but sleep in the bottom of the eco-earth. That has to get boring eventually...

I just miss spending time with him, like when I first got him.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    978.3 KB · Views: 7

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Still Down, trying some food

agv0008 said:
Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted on here. My tegu has been flat passed out for months. :(

Anyway, I pulled out Gilgamesh today just to make sure he is still alive...

Groggy as usual, he was just walking around hanging out. He looks a little skinny. I want him to wake up and be active so bad, but all he wants to do (still) is just burrow and sleep. I stuck some chicken, turkey, broccoli, and a pinky on a little plate and put it in the cage. I hope he eats some of it. I guess he is still wanting to brumate/hibernate some more.

When is he going to wake up and start eating???? His temps and humidity are good, he just will not do anything but sleep in the bottom of the eco-earth. That has to get boring eventually...

I just miss spending time with him, like when I first got him.

When he is ready he will come out

from Samsung Galaxy S3

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Niles had been down for like 3 months then the past maybe 3 or 4 days has been coming out to drink and bask. So I started putting uvb and heat back on and put heat pad up to med instead of low. Also dropped in a few crickets. As far as i know he only ate one. I also offered a meatball ( his raw turkey/beef liver/calcium/cod liver oil mixture) but he didn't touch it. Dubya said maybe within a couple of weeks of 'waking up ' he'll be eating/acting more normally. Yours may do the same. ( i have missed niles too! Esp at christmas! )

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
Niles had been down for like 3 months then the past maybe 3 or 4 days has been coming out to drink and bask. So I started putting uvb and heat back on and put heat pad up to med instead of low. Also dropped in a few crickets. As far as i know he only ate one. I also offered a meatball ( his raw turkey/beef liver/calcium/cod liver oil mixture) but he didn't touch it. Dubya said maybe within a couple of weeks of 'waking up ' he'll be eating/acting more normally. Yours may do the same. ( i have missed niles too! Esp at christmas! )

Try giving him the secret stuff. Shhh. Btw cod liver oil and beef liver may be too much Vitamin A and a couple more fat soluble vitamins that I can't remember right now. Also, I never use a stunt double for ANY parts!

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I have so much frozen stuff already prepared I haven't made any of the other stuff yet....he only ate one cricket.who knows, he may decide to go back to sleep...little brat. Stunt doubles...haha :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980