• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

strange scales or not?

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
after looking at tons of pics i've noticed that sub-adult tegus have "flat scales" on their head or what seems to be flat. but my red tegu's scales on his head are more defined and are like bumps, not deformed but they are "3-d" lol sorry for the crappy explanation but ill try to get pics if it works. thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would like to see this, does it look like this one?

Hedscales.jpg

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
no doesnt look like old shed, looks "healthy" just not normal... ill see if i can get a shot like urs bobby... but mine is alot older than that one aswell?

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey man, every tegu is different! Some have peachy heads (Bobby's), some are dull. some are uber creamy (Bobby's), some aren't. Some have more defined scales, some don't. Some have orange bellys.....well, you get the point!

I wouldn't think much of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980