• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

substrate question

bsu66

5 Year Member
Hey everyone I have a question reguarding bedding for my tegu. I have been using cyprus mulch for a while now and the other day I noticed that his toes had taken a turn for the worse and he had actually lost one so I took him to the vet and she ended up clipping off a few more. My tegu seems to be in good spirits and is eating just like he was.

My question is can I put him on a moss type bedding that will hold moistire better than the cyprus mulch did.

Plus I hate to put him back on the rough mulch while his toes are trying to heal.

Thanks for your time.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can use the moss, I have heard of others using it. Also you need to feed him some cod liver oil and beef liver, this will help him with his sheds. Your tegus sheds are ringing the toes and cutting off the blood supply, that is why he is loosing them. Also upping the humidity will help too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980