• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

sup everybodyyy(from texas) haha

boonman

5 Year Member
well lets see. i grew up out in the brush in deep south texas, harlingen to be exact yea probably never heard of it anyway. well yea ever since i could walk ive always been fascinated with reptiles and amphibians. ive had snakes and lizards since i was a little kid, but just native stuff like garter snakes or indigos(ha dont tell anyone). i never really kept anything as a "pet" though i usually just kept them, fed them and let em go when they seemed to get bored. i remember keeping a little corral of texas tortoises one year, they were so fun. being all the way down here herps are a little tough to find. when i was like eight an exotic pet store opened up, but this was a while ago before captive breeding was so extensive so all the reptiles they had were meannn or sick. i didnt care though, my mom did. ha she didnt want one of those big mean black throats or ball pythons eating our dogs,(always the reason she would give me for not letting me have one). as time passed and i got more into the world of herpetology, i noticed that the snakes in the pet shop were "nice".captive breeding. in third grade i finally got my permanent pet. it was a snow corn, soo nice. but of course being a third grader i left the clamps off the top and poof hes gone. around fourth i got another surprise corn snake, which i still have to this day.(im a junior in high school). ive always loved lizards but never really kept one. i got a blue tongue skink in sixth grade and hes still chillin in his box everyday looking for food. i wanted a larger lizard, something more challenging, but not too challenging. i remembered the tegus, and found out what great pets they are and after a few months i built a custom 8x4 cage and ordered one from bobby. just came in today and its an amazing little lizard. acts just like a monitor without the puffing and hissing. so youll be hearing a lot more from me as time goes on and my baby boy grows up. feel free to send me a [/color]message anytime. i love talking reptiles.peace everyone. :grno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980