• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Supplement question

Teguzilla

5 Year Member
I'm still really confused about supplementation when it comes to lighting. I am using a 100 watt powersun for heat and light. With that said, for a baby tegu, how often should I be supplementing it's food with D3 and do I supplement once a day or each meal each day? Also does anyone know if repashy calcium plus is good for tegus? Sorry if this has been asked before, didn't really find the answer I was looking for. I don't have my tegu yet but will soon

Dylan koch

I personally when my tegus were yound did it every other feed n fed them daily. And yes the suplement is great. Now I dont use suplements all that often specially if your feeding whole prey. But I dont need to do d3 I take all my tegus out once or twice a day for natural sunlight on top they have uvb and megaray 150 watt uvb/heat bulbs. And I mix eggs in their food with shells crushed and mixed in very fine. And feed quail eggs whole every so often. But most importantly is a mixed diet. I do fish, ground turkey, chicken hearts,gizzards and liver, rats/mice and quail. Also fruits and some veggies if they'll eat it if not make a mush all grinded and blended with meat. Or try reptilink if you dont want to do yourself. Just switch it up or mix it all together either works. But taking outside for natural sunlight even in tub till you can trust them. Helps specially with d3 and bonding. Also feed outside of enclosure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan