• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

T. Duseni AKA Yellow Tegu

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here are some pictures of the T. Duseni, these are the ones many of us would love to have in the US, however, I doubt we will ever see them in our pet trade.

Tduseni202028529.jpg

yellow20and20black20lizard.jpg

yellow20and20black20lizard20head.jpg

yellow20and20black20lizard20head2.jpg

Tduseni20juv20portrait.jpg

T20duseni3.jpg

T20duseni2.jpg

T20duseni1.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The ones above look to be sub-adult, but here is an adult.

DSC_0158fotonat.jpg

This next picture is one of Bert's females, he claims she only has this color right before she sheds. After shedding she is said to look like a normal Black and White.

Arg20BW20tegu20with20odd20yellow-1.jpg

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Strange how their loreal scales are uneven, a large rear scale and a smaller frontal scale. Very interesting, yet another tupinambis that will not likely see my collection because of the genocide for their hides. Depressing.

playlboi

5 Year Member
i wouldn't mind having one of those in my collection! those are gorgeous. that yellow is stunning.

and yeah, why can't they be imported?

boygenius

5 Year Member
playlboi said:
i wouldn't mind having one of those in my collection! those are gorgeous. that yellow is stunning.

because you can't import/export them unless you have a CITES license silly

playlboi

5 Year Member
boygenius said:
playlboi said:

because you can't import/export them unless you have a CITES license silly

well then, it's still possible to import them isn't it?

all that is required is the CITES license, and there certainly a few who have that license. if that is all that is required, then they can still be imported. must be something else that is stopping it, if there is...

playlboi

5 Year Member
COWHER said:
I think the argentine borders are closed to exporting tegus :roll:

is that the reason why? even if you have a CITES permit? that blows then. it would be cool though, to get some of those in.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So these Tegu are B&W..But before they shed they turn this yellow color?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No, only the one in the last picture, it is one of Berts normal BnWs. The rest of the pictures are T. Duseni, or the Yellow tegu, they stay yellow.

playlboi

5 Year Member
man, that male above looks like a warrior going into battle. body marked up, face paint action and everything. lol

i do like that burnt nose though. really good look with the dark behind the eyes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan