• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tail Tip Worry

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
I dont if there is something wrong with his tip or if it is just coloration. It also seems a litle bent. Do I need to give more calcium?

o19406B1.jpg

o19406C1.jpg

NickBoudin

5 Year Member
Mine just recently lost a bit of his tail. He dosent seem uncomfortable by it, it's just missing :?:

I hope yours is okay too

jmiles50

5 Year Member
I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think there's anything to be done. If there's any dry skin you can put a light layer of lubriferm lotion on it. It'll help keep it moist!

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Thank you guys. I have not grabed his tail or set anything on it. Ok i just wnated make sure there wasnt anything i could do. Jmiles, did your new tegu's tail end with a straight white tip because ive seen other tegus like this as well. I hope and wonder if he'll out grow it. But it does not seem to bother him and it seems the bent area and down has no feeling. He doesnt react when i react.

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Yeah, I think Drex has a tail just like that. I don't think after some time you'll be able to notice it much. It's all good bro, don't worry:)

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Ok thats a relief to hear im not the only one and that a tegu a good lookin as Drex has it too. Im just going to sit tight and see what happens. A question for Bobby: Do most of your tegus each season have this? Thanks for all your time.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, all of my tegus have tails, I do not see anything wrong here, but maybe it is just me.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Yes, all of my tegus have tails, I do not see anything wrong here, but maybe it is just me.

:lol:

I was refering to the little kink in it and i was asking if alot hatchlings have it. But Dave said one of his had a bad one and it straightened out so.... :fc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980