• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tear Drop?

herper9

5 Year Member
I'm a little confused as to what is meant by the tear drop that blues have. Where is it located? Right under the eye? Are there any other markings that differentiate them from others?

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes the tear drop is a black marking right below the eye, if you look at the title picture or my avatar you can see there is a black mark under the eye. They also have a black nose rub. There is a blue hue that thay have and tend to have really white heads from my experiace. Adults are alot easier to tell apart from juviniles.

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
Is that the only thing that differentiates them from not being a normal black and white tegu? The tear drop and the black nose?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
From what I have seen besides they're size, color, the black tip on the nose and the tear drop under the eye. A lot of Blues also have a black blaze on both sides. Which is just the large black stripe on their sides that starts just behind the head and goes sometimes mid way or further down their ribs.

If I'm wrong I'm sure some one else will correct me :-D .

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes the blues due that a blaze down their sides. They also tend not to hibernate durning the winter. Other than that not too much more i mean like already said Color, size, nose mark and tear drop are about it. I personaly think blues have more white but now with bobby breeding high whites its hard to judge it just on that.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its deffintly got some blue in it, but the red speckling and the amount of orange on the under belly make me think its a cross. It has the tear drop the shoulder blaze and the blacken nose, but its color is off. How old is he/she this will help a bit.

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
she looks to be about7 or 8 months, she is still fairly small, very calm and comes when I snap my fingers which I just learned this morning. Friday will make it a whole week I have had her and she lives in my old room which is now my reptile room. She roams free...... lucky her huh?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980