• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu ate a rock

Tkeller

5 Year Member
Ok so we were outside enjoying some sun when I noticed my Tegu chewing on something i tried to get it away from him, but he swallowed it before I could. It looked like either a small rock or a piece of mulch. What should I do? will he pass it or do I need a vet?

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
he could pass it or he could have problems. how big is he ,and how big was the rock? I started keeping mine outdoors this summer and noticed rocks (some the size of grapes in her stool) I think i removed all the rocks but not before she ate several dozen. she passed them all but she's 30-33" long. never could figure out why she ate them, the vet said she was probably curious. there was no turkey juice or anythink spilled on the rocks. in fact most were buried under mulch, she dug them up while foraging and ate them.

Tkeller

5 Year Member
He is about 16 inches and the rock was about the size of medium sized cricket, he seems fine and ate today?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlifKat