• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu casserole

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Well I got this from muffdaddy on youtube he made it for a savannah monitor and a tegu.I changed it a little just in the typpe of meats i used My tegu LOVES it its his fovorite

Well this is what you will need

1 cup Ground Turkey
1 cup Ground beef
3 eggs
some wet dog food
Other meats or really anything you want to add

Well start out by cooking your beef and turkey (or whatever else) all together. Then Hard boil one egg and scramble another. then mix up the meat and cooked egs and stir. Then take your left over egg and but it in raw and stir. Take about have a table spoon of wet dog food (Mainly for smell) and put it in and mix everythind a there you go. If you have extra, refrigerate and heat up for later. :grno

TanMan57

5 Year Member
GOT_TEGUS said:
Good mix bro
Thank you. I love making it. I was up for about 2 hours today cooking stuff for xander. I was wadding balls of beef and turkey for the freezer and cooking that and making the dogs some food but that is my favorite and it smells so good

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegu are built for eating raw food, do not cook it. Make sure the beef is low in fat, less than 15%. I rarely feed ours any kind of beef. You will need to add calcium to the mix since there's very little in ground meat. They are made to eat whole prey, the bones give them the calcium they need. Add some cod liver oil (1 to 2 tablespoons per lb of meat) to your mixture, it is a great source of vitamins A & D and keeps things lubed inside. Eggs are good as a rotating item on your food list, I wouldn't feed them to your Tegu every day, you'll probably get stinkier poop than usual. I guess a little wet dog food is OK, but who knows what's in that crap?!

I don't think muffdaddy is known for knowing what he's doing, you'll get better info here.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Ditto on what Dave said. If you continually give your tegu cooked meat/diet you are asking for trouble. You don't give snakes cooked mice nor rats, tegus are no different and designed to eat foods that have not been altered by heat.

...Jefroka

Meg90

5 Year Member
Along with the eggs thing--do you all feed the shells?

I made scrambled eggs this morning, and I left a good bit of crunched up shell in. My Gu really seemed to enjoy the shell. The crunch seemed to satisfy her. Plus, the egg's shell is a natural source of Ca.

I think its kinda backwards to cook the egg, and add Ca supplement, when you can just include the shell, the way nature intended.

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Tegu casserole? Hmmm.... Nah, prolly just taste like chicken casserole... and be way too expensive.

Oh.... um, nevermind.... :doh

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Oh ok thanks everyone for the advise. I just give this as a treat this isnt his main diet. I usually give him raw ground turkey a little raw ground beef. Crickets, eggs, and every so often a mouse

Meg90

5 Year Member
pinkies aren't very nutritious. You should switch to rat fuzzies, or mice crawlers.

If you think about it, the bones in a pinkie are almost nonexistent---they are just not developed enough to be a good quality meal.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Yea well he can only eat pinkies that are just starting to get the hair on their back hes no very big ill switch to rap pups once he can eat them

Meg90

5 Year Member
That's great. You sound like a very good Tegu dad. I like that you have had multiple posts about his care, and that you are willing to change if someone shows you why you should. I try to be the same way. It really demonstrates that you want what's best for Xander. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.