• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Claws

Keith_w

5 Year Member
Does anyone get their tegu's claws cut. The claws and scratch marks really don't bother me, i was just wondering if any does get them cut, and if so how they go about it.

Beasty

5 Year Member
Depending on how chill you lizard is and a little size helps with this but you can use a "Pet-i-cure" on them. The plug-in or battery type knock-off. You gently stick the nail in and it sands it down. My girl, Belle was completely not bothered by it. She was really awesome.
The roommate's cat, not so much! :lol:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We cut just the sharp tip, probably no more than 1/8" for an adults nail. You don't want a 4 foot lizard leaving a blood trail across your white carpet!!

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
lol no to sound emo but i sorta enjoy the scars left behind by my tegu...makes me feel like a real lizard owner lol kinda weird i know :p