• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu cycles

tupifan

5 Year Member
can anyone tell me what the normal cyclus for light(hours months seazons), temperature(months) and food(months) is for b and w an red tegus?
thanks already
gr.

tupinambis

5 Year Member
Depends on what geographic location you are trying to replicate. Considering that tegus spread throughout nearly all of South America east of the Andes, that's a lot of variation.

There is a site you can go to to calculate out daily photoperiod and how it changes over the year for any particular location on the planet.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/

Some basic general guidelines of the three main species available in the pet trade are:

T. teguixin ranges from 11degrees N to 14degrees S lattitude, and from 75degrees W to 44degrees W longitude.

T.merianae ranges from 7degrees S to 38degrees S lattitude, and from 63degrees W to 35degrees W longitude.

T.rufescens ranges from 18degrees S to 40degrees S lattitude, and from 66degrees W to 58degrees W longitude.

The ranges for these animals actually do exceed what I've given here, but these are where the majority of the wild populations fall in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me